Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Friday 4 March 2011

A quiet buzz

It was the start of a busy weekend.  And the first time this year that Marta worked with me as my tutor this year, so nice to catch up with her.

I briefly updated her about the new routine that Alison and I had introduced in previous weekends, then went and hid so I could be introduced to the group once they had all arrived and settled down.  This is rapidly turning into my favourite part of any event.  That moment of shock and surprise that everyone has, when my tutor opens the door and I first walk through it.

The girls were a lot of fun and I even got a hug from one of them before they all left.  I think that's a first, actually, and it really cheered me.  I think people are often a bit less tactile when one person is naked under circumstances like this, so it made me happy that people were comfortable enough to do that.

I handed out my new business cards and got some great feedback in the visitors' book.  One girl promised to recommend me to all her friends and I think I heard someone talk about hiring me again for a private party without the "hen night" rationale.  I love it when people tell me at the end that they had a lot of fun, just before leaving.  It gives me a quiet buzz that lasts the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.