Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Saturday 19 February 2011

A new theme

The second job of the year and already we've developed a new theme.  The introduction Alison and I used for the last class went so well that we had a quick word with the girl who booked us for the latest one and ran it past her.  She was happy with that, so once again I stepped outside and hid while Alison got the girls in and settled down.  After that, I sneaked up to the door and waited outside to be introduced.

"I'm very sorry," she said.  "Normally I'm much more organised, but I've forgotten all the props and have nothing for you to draw.  If you give me a moment I'll see what might be available outside."

Then she opened the door and I stepped inside.

This works well.  It gives everyone a chance to settle and gives Alison a chance to introduce herself before I become a major distraction and make it harder for her to speak.  And it's a great introduction, because everybody gets to see me right away, so there isn't the usual filtering of responses as the first girls to enter the room react and pause for a moment, blocking the way - thus preventing the other girls from seeing what's creating the fuss.

I'd like to keep using that introduction whenever relevant.

It was another fun class, anyway.  It started earlier than usual, so the day was just beginning for everybody involved.  I think it took a while before the girls fully relaxed into it and realised that they were allowed to have fun, rather than simply attending an art class, but after a while one of them said she had a question, then blushingly warned me that it was "a bit rude."  Then, having delivered all the warnings, she said "How big's your willy?"

Surprisingly, I think that's the first time I was asked that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.