Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Naked Tea Party - Wednesday


There is a fetish called amalgatophilia and one of the spaces in the Sapphire Rooms is dedicated to it.  It's a sexual attraction towards statues and shop window dummies - things like that.  The space uses a mannequin to illustrate the fetish and it's pretty startling at times.  More than once, I've swished through a set of curtains, to find the mannequin just sitting and waiting for me.  It can really give a person a bit of a jolt.  It doesn't help that it occasionally gets moved around, so it might be in a different part of the space next time I walk into that area.  It means I can't get used to its presence.

It's also a badly behaved dummy.  Posing it is a swine, because the limbs really aren't very articulated at all.  Moving it is even worse.  Today, I had to take it downstairs, and one of its arms fell off.  That wasn't too bad - I picked the arm up and tucked it under my own arm as best I could.  But its other arm - now fully extended into some sort of Nazi salute - managed to snag a bra from the lingerie line on the way past.  This dummy - clearly not as inanimate as it should have been - really wanted that bra.  I was struggling to hold the whole thing together, not break off any more limbs and not drop the ones that had already fallen away - and the damn thing was trying to steal someone else's lingerie from the washing line.

Inanimate objects are seldom as inanimate as they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.