Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Friday 8 April 2011

Giant inflatable penis

Alison and I met at the corner of the High Street, then walked down to Old Tolbooth Wyndham where our party was being held on Friday night.  I always like private venues.  There's a "sneaking about" element that's always a lot of fun.  There's always someone who needs to be surprised, so that person (or people) needs to be out of the way while the tutor and I are led inside.  This time it was just the one person - the bride - who didn't know what was happening.

We found the place pretty easily and we saw some girls hanging about outside, but didn't want to introduce ourselves in case the bride was among them.  We walked over to the far side of the courtyard and sat down on a wall, while I sent a text to let the event organiser know I was outside, but the girls recognised us and started tentatively calling out my name even as I was sending the text.  We were taken inside and led into the main room, then I was shown to a bedroom while Alison handed out the charcoal and sketchpads.  I stripped, then walked back into the room and waited for the bride to be led in.  So this time, the girls who were already in the room were asking questions before the class had even started, which was entertaining.  There was a bit of debate about how best to greet the bride and everyone eventually agreed I should be facing her as she walked in.  I told the girls about a previous event where I was asked to hold the bride's Care Bear - her favourite toy - in front of myself as she walked in.  I always like these extra creative elements in the classes.

I had bought new charcoal for this class, but it was a different type.  A dozen blocks of black charcoal and two dozen blocks of coloured chalks.  I wasn't sure how well they would work, so this was a bit of an experiment.  They went down really well... some of the drawings from this class were a lot more colourful than anything that had been produced before.  One of the girls drew a beautiful picture that I wanted to steal.  Very stylistic and 1960s, with flowers for my eyes.  I loved it.

When it came to the final pose, the bride was persuaded to leave the room and get changed into an inflatable penis costume that the girls had brought with them, then pose with me.  I got down on my knees and cuddled her.  It was one of the drawings from this pose was the one that won the usual competition.  It looked like I was cuddling a giant, slightly floppy penis.  I wanted to steal that picture, too.

Afterward, Alison and I went for a drink at the Royal Oak to round off a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.