Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Saturday 30 April 2011

Mr Spock again

On Wednesday, I did some modeling for a friend near Glasgow, so on Monday - in anticipation of this - I got waxed again.  This meant the thatch was looking good for today's class.  Now that I've started this regime, I want to maintain it.  Personal grooming gets a little more intimate when people see me naked all the time and I want to look my best.

There was no surprise this week.  The bride already knew what to anticipate, so the "hide-in-the-bathroom" intro was pretty redundant.  I spoke to the girl who hired me and we briefly discussed the best way to go, though.  We decided to go for the unveiling element, then while she went to fetch the rest of the group, I quickly got changed into my light trousers - the red ones this time.  Once everybody had arrived and was ready to start drawing, I stripped them off.

First pose was a Superman impression - always a difficult one to maintain.  We're not physically designed to hold an arm out for a prolonged period, so the strain quickly becomes too much.  Later, I was asked to do a "muscle-man" pose.  Now, I've got good abs, but my pecs and biceps aren't really much to show off, so I was a bit shy, but they promised to flatter me - and they did.  Nobody's ever drawn me so muscular before.

For the second time in as many weeks, I found a picture where I looked like Mr Spock.  Which leaves me wondering if I can introduce a new challenge.  Channel your favourite celebrity while drawing me and see if I can guess who I'm meant to be.  Think it'll work?  Worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.