Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Sunday 11 March 2012

Sad face, smiley face

This was a smaller group, so Alison and I were able to guide the girls and group them a bit more - which meant we were able to use the huge, battered armchair that we'd spotted in the previous class.  I really loved it and really wanted to use it.  And with the fact that all the girls were viewing me from the same, general direction, it worked perfectly.

I took up position and waited for my cue, but it was different this time.  I hadn't been able to speak to any representatives of this group prior to the class, so wasn't able to find out how many people knew what to expect.  Turns out it was all of them, so while I was waiting for Alison to introduce me, they agreed on a different summons - and suddenly, they were all calling my name.  So I went through, and said "hello".  Wearing the red boxers, for the second time that day.

This was a loud, friendly and boisterous group that were bombarding me with questions right away.  It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the rapid-fire, scattergun approach.  There were times when someone wouldn't wait for me to answer the first question, before throwing a second one at me, so I was glancing left and right, trying to work out who I should answer first at times.

And they weren't all questions I get asked too often, because groups often have a bit more reserve and don't want to seem rude.  But these were things like "are you gay?" and "do you ever get hard during these classes?"  I was really enjoying myself.

One of the girls came up to me for a photograph and seemed particularly amused and excited.  I don't think she expected to be able to get so close to the model at all and kept giggling really hard.  Then she suddenly shouted "penis!" and I nearly cracked up, myself.

The winning picture of this class was a masterpiece of simplicity.  Just two pairs of eyes and two mouths - making up one smiley face and one sad face.  It might sound rubbish, but it accurately summed up the entire pose in a very surreal way.  It couldn't not win the competition.

At the end of the class, the girls all went in different directions and agreed to meet up at their apartments in a couple of hours so they could all go home.  I think they were going back to London tonight.  I don't envy them.  Sounds like a long, long journey.

But before they left, they give Alison and I the remains (just over half) of a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc that they weren't able to finish.  And Alison had to hurry off to an event of her own while I was tidying up the room, so she let me have it.

I'm going to drink it now.





No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.