Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Saturday 23 July 2011

Oscars

I've got to admit that I had a stressful start to the day. I caught the train to Newcastle in plenty of time, dug out my iPhone and started using Google Maps to guide me to my destination - the Premier Inn. After getting completely lost, I gave up, called the hotel and was guided back along the route I had just taken. The guide had taken me right to the doorstep, but then steered me a lot further on. If I had only looked up at one point - rather than at the screen - I wouldn't have walked right past it.

I still got there in time, though. I tend to be a bit paranoid about that, so I like to make sure I schedule enough spare time to accommodate for things like this.

There were eight girls in this group and so when I proposed the collage challenge (my new favourite) I just divided them into two groups of four, explained the rules - and then we were on our way. I was so keen to do this one again, that it was the first proper challenge and only the third pose of the class.

One of the groups decided to split the pose right down the middle - with two girls working on the left hand side of my body and two on the right. Then a hastily drawn head. I'm not sure, but I think the lack of the head was an oversight, like they'd forgotten it completely.

In the other group, one of the girls was positioned unfortunately and her key area was perhaps a bit more specific than she might have been happy with, but she rose to the challenge. She spent a lot of time drawing hair. I'm due to get waxed this week, sometime - I might have been able to save an entire stick of charcoal if I'd just had that done a few days early.

When the groups presented their collages, it was decided I would stand behind the relevant pieces of paper as a further bit of illustration. The group that had split my body right down the middle had a moment of indecision when it was discovered that both girls who had drawn my legs had been fully anatomically detailed. At first, the decision was to fold one piece of paper to conceal part of the drawing, but then it was decided to keep them intact so both penises were visible - and hold them up so they flanked the real one.

The winner of the "best picture" competition stood up and gave a brief speech - thanking her classmates and her model in true Oscar style. One of her early drawings had actually looked a lot like an Oscar, which made that even funnier. Well... funny to me... I like that sort of thing.

The girls have all promised to send pictures. So I'm hoping to illustrate this posting very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.