Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Saturday 4 June 2011

Aberfeldy

It wasn't easy to get to Aberfeldy - and it was even more difficult to get from Aberfeldy to the lodge where Saturday's first class was being held.  The taxi driver dropped us off a fair distance along the track, but Marta and I still had a bit of hiking to do after that - dragging the bag with the charcoal and sketchpads along with us.  But when we finally arrived, the views were spectacular.  It would be a nice place to live, although the walk home after a night at the pub would be a bit of an adventure.

There were two bunkhouses at Glassie Farm.  The one Marta and I attended had 25 girls on a hen night, and the neighbouring one had a stag night attending.  The guys were off whitewater rafting that day, but the girls made a couple of tantalising references to playing naked football in the early hours of that morning.  It was very intriguing, but they wouldn't give any more information than that, barring the occasional half-overheard snippet of conversation between them.  I really wanted to know more.

I think the group had a fair idea of what to anticipate.  There was an attempt to smuggle Marta and I inside, but there were windows overlooking the courtyard where the main door was, so that wasn't easy.  Then there was a brief conversation about whether I would be partially clothed or fully naked when I was introduced and it was decided to go straight for the nudity.  I got changed upstairs, then walked downstairs and waited outside the door while I waited for Marta's cue.

One of the poses - suggested by Marta - had me lying down on my back on the floor.  It was a tiled floor, though.  I actually gasped at the shock of it when my back touched the floor and it occurred to someone to suggest pillows and a duvet at that point, but I was already getting over the initial chill and didn't need them any more.

The only real challenge was the size of the room and the amount of girls filling it.  The chairs were spread out in a rough square formation while I stood in the middle of the room, so I made sure that I faced in all directions as the poses progressed.

I had got myself waxed on Thursday afternoon in preparation for this class, but - disappointingly - the waxer was still perfecting her technique and the results weren't brilliant.  Still a massive improvement on the ungroomed look, though.

Once the class concluded, Marta and I were kindly offered a lift back into town.  I thought about getting something to eat in Aberfeldy, but then suggested that we wait until we get to Kirkcaldy (ready for the next class) before we do that.  I just knew I'd be much more relaxed if we were actually in the neighbourhood of the second place and would enjoy the meal more.

Another fun group, though.  And the girls were all very welcoming and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.