Where the men are naked

Charcoal, coloured chalk, sketchpads, a fun environment and a naked man.
What more could you possibly want?

Saturday 5 July 2014

Summer lovin'

In which we go a bit Austin Powers
and make full use of some strategically positioned props

After the first group left, Karin and I moved quickly to get everything set up for the second class of the day.  And we soon found out that we'd been much more efficient than I'd anticipated.  I think a large bit of the preparation involves getting stuff out of the bags, but that clearly wasn't necessary.

After that, we had a few minutes to relax.  But, as usual, relaxation isn't something I'm good at while I'm waiting for a class to start.  I told Karin that some of the tweaks I add to the layout of the environment almost had some obsessive compulsive elements going on.  Then I saw that three chairs with red trim were next to two darker chairs, so I switched them round a bit to stagger the colours.  She laughed at me and agreed with the OCD comparison.

She had a tweak of her own that she wanted to implement and asked if I would move a chair out of one corner of the room so she could have space to stand without looming over people.  It made sense and also gave her freedom to move towards the bar and get some water for me if I needed it.  We were both feeling very thirsty.


This second group had a flowery theme going on.  It took me a while to notice it that they were all wearing little hair bands with flowers in them.  One of them called it "Summer lovin'".  I thought it was meant to be a 1960s vibe.


As usual, the penis cake went down a storm.  One of the girls asked me to hold it strategically, which was a little worrying.  I was nervous that it would slip off the tray and spoil all Karin's work.  It's better to sit on the floor to do that, where it can be held flat.  But standing up provided for a better photo opportunity, even if I'm a bit hunched over, protecting the cake.


During the final group photo sessions, one of the girls asked if I would lie across some of the chairs with a strategically positioned prop - an Austin Powers kind of moment - while some of them stood behind me and looked shocked.  That was my favourite picture of this class.  I was right under the spotlight, and they were standing back in the shadows a bit, so not a perfect picture.  But the lighting did give it a bit of drama.


While this was going on, Karin was gathering up the chalks and sketchpads for me.  I went to get dressed quickly, then stepped back into the room and said goodbye to all the girls.  I told them they had the room for another half hour, so they could relax and enjoy themselves a bit longer, then went upstairs.

My taxi was waiting for me and I was off to the third class of the day - in Gorebridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Smoke

I made up a book of some of my pictures. Just in case anyone's interested. It's very expensive, but you can see and buy it at the Blurb website and you can get a preview of it here. Just the first fifteen pages, though. Consider it a teaser.